Roof repair is a necessity in every home. Since this is one of the most important parts of the house aside from the walls and floors, the roofs are supposed to be maintained and checked regularly. Time, appearance, and other factors could be warning signs that would tell you it is actually time to buy a new roof as things can be gauged to be irreparable. A roofing contractor in Denver have actually listed the following to serve as your guide in planning out the journey of changing the entire roofing of your house:
- It is a common knowledge that a shingle roof made of asphalt could last within twenty to thirty years. More often than not, experts say that appearance may not tell you everything about the roof’s condition. Sometimes, the years of existence is enough for you to hire a contractor and opt for a new roofing system.
- Curled and blistered shingles are not that easy to repair. These will cause water to get through and be retained from the curves. You need to know that there are two kinds of curling – one is the clawing which the shingles’ is curling on the middle while the edges are still flat; the second is called the cupping when the edges are turning upward. Both curling are known to be signs that the roof is weathering. Once you have noticed this change, you should know that the roof will last within one year to a maximum of five years.
- Missing shingles can be easily addressed according to roofing contractor in Denver. Buy one piece and patch the gap. Buy another then patch another gap. The problem arises when the ones you buy are not of the same color and quality as the old one. If this happens, you can keep patching for the rest of your life without actually putting a long-term solution to the problem.
- Granules keep gathering together in the gutter. This problem does not only show that the gutter might be clogged – it reveals a bigger problem that the granules protecting the shingles are starting to peel off. If this has been occurring for years, then you might want to call roofing contractor in Denver CO to do something about it. This roofing professional knows that once the granules fall, the shingles will start baking.
- Algae and moss cover the roof as time goes by. They do not only make the roof appearance messy but they also weaken the materials they are attached to. The existence of moss and algae represents moisture which can gradually cause holes and penetration on the roof.
If you are experiencing any of these signs of wear, it may be time for a new roof. Mountain State Roofing is ready to help with all your roof repairs and a new roof installation. Give us a call today! (303) 816-3693